CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Do you want to work in Early Childhood Education and Care? This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educations may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
- Early Childhood Educator
- Family Day Care Worker
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, it is expected that students will have appropriate language, literacy, numeracy skills to complete the training and assessment requirements. Prior to commencing this course, students may participate in a language, literacy and numeracy assessment. Students who can provide evidence of completing an Australian Certificate III or higher level qualification will not need to do the test.
All students must be willing to participate in mandatory work placement of 120 hours and this will require a working with children clearance.
Students will seek their own work placements and clear guidance will be provided.
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCECE012 Support children to connect with their world
- 18 x one day workshops scheduled approximately 2 weeks apart.
- The face-to-face program runs over 10 months
- Homework, reading and assessment tasks are completed between each workshop. We recommend that learners set aside between 3-5 hours per week.
- In addition, 120 hours work placement in at least one regulated education and care service.
You can apply for RPL if you have the knowledge and skills gained through work, formal study, volunteering, informal or formal training, social activities or general life experiences. Please contact our office to find out the process to demonstrate your experience and knowledge rather than attending training.
|Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)|||||$2000.00|
|Students are responsible for text book/s relevant to this qualification.|
Payment plans available.
- Course learning and assessment material (excluding text book/s)
- Coffee and tea (face-to-face delivery only)
- Certification upon successful completion.
Language, literacy and numeracy assessment
The LLN assessment ensures this course is right for you and you are provided with appropriate learning support. If you require this assessment, it is a non- refundable fee of $50.00
This course is currently subsided by the Northern Territory Department of Business for residents of the Northern Territory. Information on this funding can be accessed at https://nt.gov.au/learning/adult-education-and-training/northern-territory-training-entitlement
All students must pay the enrolment fee $300.00