CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision.
Some job roles may require tasks to be performed with a moderate level of autonomy and/or the provision of supervision/leadership to other staff/volunteers.
Roles that provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-base supervision. This may include:
- Classroom Support Assistant
- Special Education Support Assistant.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, it is expected that students will have appropriate language, literacy, numeracy skills to complete the training and assessment requirements. Prior to commencing this course, students may participate in a language, literacy and numeracy assessment. Students who can provide evidence of completing an Australian Certificate III or higher level qualification will not need to do the test.
All students must be willing to participate in mandatory work placement of 100 hours and this will require a working with children clearance.
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS001 Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS021 Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS022 Work with students in need of additional support
- CHCEDS024 Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS032 Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCDE004 Implement participation and engagement strategies
- CHCEDS019 Support students' mathematics learning
- CHCEDS020 Support students' literacy learning
- CHCEDS023 Supervise students outside the classroom
- CHCEDS031 Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
For scheduled course dates please contact Alana Kaye on 1300 25 26 25 or email email@example.com
You can apply for RPL if you have the knowledge and skills gained through work, formal study, volunteering, informal or formal training, social activities or general life experiences. Please contact our office to find out the process to demonstrate your experience and knowledge rather than attending training.
|Enrolment Fee (non refundable)|||||$400.00|
|Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)|||||$2200.00|
Payment plans available.
- Course learning and assessment material (excluding text book/s)
- Coffee and tea
- Certification upon successful completion.