CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
This qualification is for those early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing programs in early childhood education and care services. In most states and territories, it is the qualification required at Director or Service Manager level.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, it is expected that students will have appropriate language, literacy, numeracy skills to complete the training and assessment requirements. Prior to commencing this course, students will participate in a language, literacy and numeracy assessment.
All students must be willing to participate in mandatory work placement of 240 hours and this will require a working with children clearance. Students will seek their own work placements and clear guidance will be provided.
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- If you already hold the Certificate III in Childhood Education and Care, you will receive credit transfer for 11 core units and 2 elective units. These are shown in the delivery table on the last page.
- 18 x one day workshops scheduled approximately fortnightly apart.
- The face-to-face program runs over 10 months (including term break)
- In addition, 240 hours work placement in at least one regulated education and care service.
- Homework, reading and assessment tasks are completed between each workshop. We recommend that learners set aside between 5-7 hours per week.
You can apply for RPL if you have the knowledge and skills gained through work, formal study, volunteering, informal or formal training, social activities or general life experiences. Please contact our office to find out the process to demonstrate your experience and knowledge rather than attending training.
|Enrolment Fee (non refundable)|||||$400.00|
|Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)|||||$180.00 per unit|
|Students are responsible for the purchase text book/s relevant to this qualification.|
Payment plans available.
- Course learning and assessment material (excluding text book/s)
- Coffee and tea
- Certification upon successful completion.