HLTAID003 Provide first aid
This is the current first aid course that some employers in Australia require. Previously known as Apply First Aid or Senior First Aid, this course will give you the skills and knowledge required to render first aid to a casualty(s) in a range of situations and until medical help arrives.
Online and Face-to-Face Schedule:
Students will need to:
- Complete an online learning and theory assessment (2-6 hours). Students are required to complete the online component prior to the workshop delivery.
- Attend a one day face-to-face practical and assessment workshop.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, it is expected that students will have appropriate language, literacy, numeracy skills to complete the training and assessment requirements. Our course comprises of a pre-course online component followed by our 1 day in-class practical course. Pre-study takes on average 1-2 hours.
Next practical session dates available at our Darwin campus
|Wed 22 April 2020|
|Thu 7 May 2020|
|Tues 25 August 2020|
|Fri 11 September 2020|
|Wed 7 October 2020|
|HLTAID003||| $89||RRP $ 150|
- Management of conscious or unconscious patients
- CPR on Adults and Infants
- External bleeding - trauma and shock
- Respiratory emergencies
- Cardiac emergencies
- Fractures,dislocations and softtissue injuries
- Headneck and spinal injuries
- Envenomation, poisoning bites and stings
- Heat Stroke
- Crush Injuries
- Monitor the condition of the victim
- Follow relevant procedures for recording first aid
- Detail the victims condition & the first aid applied
- Calling Emergency Services