HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care service
This unit has been approved by Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) who have deemed it to satisfy all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
This unit is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
Online and Face-to-Face Schedule:
Students will need to:
- Complete an online learning and theory assessment (2-6 hours). Students are required to complete the online component prior to the workshop delivery.
- Attend a one day face-to-face practical and assessment workshop.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, it is expected that students will have appropriate language, literacy, numeracy skills to complete the training and assessment requirements. Our course comprises of a pre-course online component followed by our 1 day in-class practical course. Pre-study takes on average 2-6 hours.
Next practical session dates available
|Darwin||Tues 25 August 2020|
|Darwin||Fri 11 September 2020|
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Apply emergency first aid procedures.
- Respond to unconscious breathing casualty.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult, child and infant.
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Apply first aid procedures
- Respond to anaphylaxis and allergic reactions
- Control bleeding
- Respond to choking and airway obstruction
- Apply first aid procedures for fractures, sprains and strains.
- Use immobilisation techniques
- Respond to head injuries
- Respond to poisoning
- Respond to asthma and respiratory distress
- Respond to epilepsy, seizures and convulsions
- Manage shock.
- Learn the state/territory regulations, first aid code of practice and workplace procedures.
- Learn about infection control
- Understand duty of care requirements
- Learn basic anatomy and physiological responses
- ACECQA requirements